8/14/11

New Comp?


So, it's probably been a bit overdue now, but I think I really needa save up for a new laptop. So a bit background: Gateway MT6459, Windows Vista purchased in August 2007.

Yea, I've had it for awhile (sweat) Now, I love my laptop. It's reliable, for the most part. I normally use it 10hrs + everyday (not good to be in front of a comp for such an extended period of time, I know). Even if I'm not physically in front of the comp using, I usually have music running from it, so it's pretty much always on. All my friends who received a laptop coming into college have needed a laptop replacement/part replacement after their 2nd year at latest. Me? None. You know the blue screen of death? I've had like 9. Aside from the annoying random shutoffs (after one shutoff, it will stay on without a problem for the rest of the day) and the incessant whirring of the fan b/c of the laptop's inability to cool itself down, I've had no problems. With that said, I think my poor thing has finally had to give up on me (cry) It's just faded out on me. Usually, when it shutdown down it blanks out immediately. This one was rather slow, more of a "'I can't go on' at the climax of the movie" fade out (disappoint) Not just that, but it won't start up at all now. I mean it does, but then it'll do the fade out again. I guess the time had to come, but.... man. It was so... not unexpected... just disappointing. I thought the time was upon me, so just earlier today I backed up my files onto my ehd (tire). Man...

EDIT

And then I remember I got a netbook. But its capabilities are rather limited and slow.

No comments: