8/19/11

3.4 & Not So Friendly "Friend"?


That's right yall. Today is my boyfriend's and my 3 year and 4 month anniversary. He came to surprise me :)
We went to grab breakfast with a couple friends and then he and I went to PetCo to lookit the hamsters. I adore hamsters (heart) We picked up some stuff for Maks, our cat and when we got back to the car, his car was dead and wouldn't start up! We called up his lil bro and got his to jump his car. Poor boyfriend got late to work though I think (sweat)
But ANYWAYS, after coming home, my day was ruined. I needa give yall a bit of background first, just to show the dynamics of the friendship, so ok. We met in highschool and had mutual friends, but we weren't friends ourselves. The year prior to last, I lived in TN and I met this friend again, let's call him Mike. So Mike is a good friend of my ex and so that's another thing that kinda affects our friendship, but that's not the point. Mike and I were really good friends that year, but nearing the end of the year, he started to become really needy and acted as though I was obligated to hang with him and just, I dunno, he took a lot of my jokes personally, but wouldn't tell me they bothered him until he was really fed up and then he'd throw it all in my face and so I just kinda stopped feeling that closeness of friendship with him.
That year when I came back to Cali, he was deployed and so I barely talked to him. Coming back from TN this passed summer, I haven't texted him or anything, kinda slipped my mind. But he hasn't tried to contact me either. And just earlier I saw him on AIM so I aimed him.
  • [17:00] Mike: hey
  • [17:00] Mike: whats up
  • [17:01] imctina: nothing chillin you?
  • [17:02] Mike: bout to head out
  • [17:02] imctina: boo alright i guess imma catch ya another time then?
  • [17:02] Mike: you can text me
  • [17:03] imctina: your phone works?
  • [17:03] Mike: yea
  • [17:03] Mike: when hasnt it work?
  • [17:03] imctina: oh iono haha
  • [17:03] Mike: sounds like an excuse to me (It was at this moment I started to get offended)
  • [17:03] imctina: whoa whoa an excuse to do what
  • [17:03] imctina: ?
  • [17:04] Mike: an excuse on why you havent talked to me since you been back =(
  • [17:04] imctina: you havent talked to me either..
  • [17:05] Mike: because i been so upset that you been gone that i filled up my time with other stuff
  • [17:05] imctina: THAT sounds like an excuse
  • [17:05] Mike: its true
  • [17:06] imctina: and its true that I legitimately thought your phone wasnt workin
Like... really? Maybe I'm making a big deal about it, but when someone belittles my efforts as a friend, that makes me belittle theirs and I honestly felt he was attacking me. Like if I was trying not to talk to you, I wouldn't have aimed you in the first place and we wouldn't ever talk, seeing as how you never make an effort to text, aim, or facebook me.
Like if I consider you my friend, that really is saying something, b/c believe me, I've been backstabbed and treated poorly by way too many times that I take it seriously when someone questions my friendship. That pretty much makes me reconsider where I stand in the friendship and makes me question your place in my circle of friends.

No comments: